Reconstruction Credit Institute (KFW)

Abbreviation: 
KFW
Type of stakeholder: 
Year of establishment: 
1948
Description: 

The KfW, formerly KfW Bankengruppe (banking group), is a German government-owned development bank, based in Frankfurt. Its name originally comes from Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau ("Reconstruction Credit Institute"). It was formed in 1948 after World War II as part of the Marshall Plan. It is owned by the Federal Republic of Germany (80%) and the States of Germany (20%) .It is led by a six-member Managing Board headed by Ulrich Schröder, which in turn reports to a 37-member Supervisory Board. The chair of the Supervisory Board changes annually between the German Federal Ministers of Finance and Economic Affairs; the chairman for 2015 is Wolfgang Schäuble. Supporting for democratic change : Germany has been active in Egypt since 1963 and, since then, has provided the country with loans and non-repayable financial contributions amounting to around EUR 5.5 billion solely as part of Financial Cooperation.

Contacts
Country: 
Germany
City: 
Frankfurt